Working Holiday Visa Australia
This is a great visa, and it allows eligible people aged 18 to 30 years old (inclusive) (and Canadian, French and Irish citizens 18 to 35 years old (inclusive)) to have an extended holiday in Australia and work at the same time to help fund their trip.
You have to have citizenship of one of these countries to be eligible: Belgium, Canada, Republic of Cyprus, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Republic of Ireland, Italy, Japan, Republic of Korea, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Sweden, Taiwan, United Kingdom.
First Working Holiday Visa
With This Visa You Can:
- Do short-term work in Australia to help pay for your holiday
- Study for up to 4 months
- Travel to and from Australia as many times as you want
- Do 3 months of specified work to become eligible for a second Working Holiday visa
To Be Eligible For This Visa You Must:
- Hold a passport from an eligible country
- Be 18 to 30 years old (inclusive) - except for Canadian, French and Irish citizens who can be 18 to 35 (inclusive)
- Apply from outside Australia
- Not be accompanied by dependent children
- Not have previously entered Australia on a subclass 417 or 462 visa.
You can do any kind of work on this visa. Usually, you can only work for the same employer for 6 months.
HOW LONG YOU CAN STAY IN AUSTRALIA:
- The Working Holiday visa is a temporary visa.
- You must enter Australia within 12 months of the date of grant of the visa.
- The visa becomes active on the date you enter Australia. Once you have entered and the visa is activated, you can:
- Stay in Australia for up to 12 months
- Leave and re-enter Australia as many times as you like in that 12 months
Second Working Holiday Visa
To be eligible for a 2nd Working Holiday Visa you must do 3 months of specified work on your 1st Working Holiday Visa.
Approved industries for specified work include:
- Plant and animal cultivation
- Fishing and pearling
- Tree farming and felling
Examples of eligible specified work include:
- Picking fruits on an orchard
- Feeding and herding cattle on a farm
- Horse breeding and stud farming
- Landscaping the grounds of a construction/house site
- Painting the interior/exterior of new buildings
- Conservation and environmental reforestation work
- Zoo work involving plant or animal cultivation
- Erecting fences on a construction site
Examples of ineligible specified work:
- Ship/boat building
- Performing specialised social science services (such as anthropological and archaeological assessments) for mining companies
- Town planning or architecture
- Working as a nanny on a farm
- Working at a cellar door providing wine tastings
- Manufacturing materials used on a construction site (such as concrete or steel)
- Cooking/catering on a mine site
- Cleaning the interior of mine complexes or buildings
Third Working Holiday Visa
To be eligible for a 3rd Working Holiday Visa you must do 6 months of specified work on your 2nd Working Holiday Visa.
Applying for a Working Holiday Visa
The Working Holiday visa application can be a complex process. It can take weeks to prepare an application, and the processing time can be about 2 to 5 weeks, although times vary. If you do not meet all of the eligibility criteria, or fail to provide the Government with all of the required documents, your application will be refused.
At Australian Visa Advice (AVA) we have an exceptionally high success rate. Our detailed knowledge of the law and years of experience preparing literally 100’s of applications can take the stress, confusion and high risk of failure out of the visa process.
We have even obtained visas for clients who have had their applications refused because they have either tried to obtain it themselves or used unqualified and inexperienced migration agents.
So, if you are thinking of applying for a Working Holiday visa yourself but are finding it difficult, why not get some personalised help from one of our experienced Migration Agents. Feel free to contact us at AVA by clicking the button below or emailing us at email@example.com Once you contact us we will be happy to provide you with a free assessment to determine your visa needs. You can then decide if you want us to guide you through the process.