I am a Filipino applying for an Australian visa – for which visas do I need to provide an Invitation?

Every person that wants to enter Australia need a visa. This is true regardless of the length of time you want to go to Australia (whether it be for a temporary or permanent entry) or the reason for your journey to Australia. Even if you are applying just for the purpose of a two week holiday you will be required to obtain a visa. Depending on your personal circumstances, including your financial situation, you may apply on your own without any assistance; or if you have family, friends or an Australian boyfriend etc. they can provide you with an Invitation /Letter in Support of your application. It is up to you whether you get an Invitation from someone residing in Australia or not. Whether the Invitation carries much weight in the eyes of the Australian Government will depend on your relationship with this person or persons, as well as their individual circumstances.

For an Australian Visitor visa, for example, it can be entirely appropriate for you to attach an Invitation from someone in Australia. Millions of people come to Australia each year to visit family, friends and boyfriends, and to do tourist activities. Someone in Australia can offer to provide financial and other support to your trip. A well prepared Invitation can certainly increase your chances of obtaining a Visitor visa. Without someone offering to support a visit many Filipino’s would not be likely to have the funds and circumstances required by the Australian Government to be granted a Visitor visa. While the wages in Australia are high compared with the Philippines, so is the cost of living.  

For a Fiancé or Partner (Marriage) visa, an ‘Applicant’ for this visa is required to have a ‘Sponsor’. These types of visas are based on fiancé, marriage or de facto relationships and the Sponsor must be an Australian citizen or Permanent Resident. If you are married to an Australian man you may be eligible for a Partner visa and your husband will need to effectively ‘Invite’ you to live with him in Australia. There are a number of documents that he will have to submit that amount to his Invitation.  

We recommend that you first research which visa is most appropriate for your circumstances and then see if you need to and/or can obtain an Invitation. Many of the applications for Australian visas are complex so make sure you provide everything that is required as set out in the Migration Regulations.

How Australian Visa Advice (AVA) can help:

For more information about preparing an Invitation or a Visitor or Partner visa application you can contact us at Australian Visa Advice (AVA):info@aussievisas.net We can advise you about the Invitation and prepare the visa application for you. We have a very high success rate, even with prior refusals, and many of our applications are granted in under the normal processing times. We have helped many people from the Philippines (both females and males) in both heterosexual and same sex relationships to obtain an Australian Visitor or Partner visa – so contact us today!

Written by Luke Gorham ©2020
Registered Migration Agent
Australian Visa Advice

Latest Comments

Latest Posts

1 Comment

  1. Rajneesh Singla says:

    Hlo mam I m Rajneesh from india . My state is punjab. I m a agent of study visa for Australia. I want talk with you. my mob no is 09988320755

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *